This recipe is based on the “Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie” recipe made by Sam Turnbull from the Canadian blog called It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken. Check it out here!
Portions:A 9” pie (1 serving)
Time:Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Ingredients:- A blender or a large mixing bowl.
- A 9” pie shell
- 1 ¾ cups pure pumpkin (1, 14 oz can) (not pumpkin pie filling!)
-¾ cup full-fat coconut milk (the kind in a can, shaken well before measuring)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of Haumana Baobab Powder
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. Add the pumpkin, Baobab powder, coconut milk, brown sugar, cornstarch, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt to a blender or a large bowl. Mix well.
3. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pie shell. Spread the mixture evenly with a spatula.
4. Bake for 60 minutes.
5. Once done, let cool and then chill uncovered in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
And there you have it! A delicious, simple vegan pumpkin pie with a bit of baobab to spice it up! Once again thank you to Sam from the blog It doesn't taste like chicken! Let us know how your pie turned out!